Small Business Checklist :: Branding + Graphic Design
Thinking of starting a small business? Already in business and looking to grow? There are plenty of new business checklists and how-to articles on the Internet. I did a search this week to see what other people are recommending for “list of graphics design needs for small business.” I was very surprised there weren’t very many useful results. So, hopefully my branding checklist will fill a gap AND help small businesses build a strong brand at the same time.
Not every business will need or use all the items on this list, but it might give you ideas, or a reminder of something you want to plan for in the future.
A critical element in all good branding is a strong logo design. Along with all the messaging and values that are part of your brand, a logo design visually ties together all of your branded materials. That’s why it’s first on the branding checklist…
- Logo Design (keystone of business branding)
- Business Cards (calling card and networking)
- Letterhead (correspondence, print or electronic)
- Brochure (sales and marketing)
- Newsletter (communication)
- Flyers/Sales Sheets (sales and marketing)
- Envelopes (communication)
- Labels: return address, shipping (communication)
- Web Graphics: website and social media (sales, marketing and communication)
- Ads: print and online (sales and marketing)
- Signage: buildings, interior and exterior (communication)
- Signage: vehicles, billboards (communication)
- Apparel: shirts, hats, uniforms (presentation and branding)
- Promotional: pens, mugs, calendars, etc. (presentation and branding)
- Post cards: direct mail (communication)
- Folders (presentation and branding)
- Notepads (presentation and branding)
- Presentations (sales and marketing)
- Launch Packages (sales and marketing)
- Product Packaging (sales and marketing)
This list is not comprehensive, but definitely enough to give you ideas to get started and/or grow your business. Businesses will have different needs, depending on their niche and industry.
Did I miss something you think is critical to include on this list? Let me know in the comments below.
Did you find this list useful? Please share!
’till next time,